Public Works - Environmental Services Division (Solid Waste)
All residential and commercial locations on can service will receive one blue 96-gallon roll-out cart for garbage collection. Additional roll-out carts are available if needed but there will be an additional monthly charge for each additional roll-out cart ordered. If you would like to request additional roll-out carts, please call the Public Works Solid Waste Division.
Garbage Collection begins at 5 a.m. Roll-out carts must be curbside prior to 5 a.m. or the night before collection day. Be sure lids are closed and facing the street with the handle to the curb, and that the carts are within two feet of the road. Do not place roll-out carts close to mailboxes, parked cars, utility poles, etc. Do not place hazardous materials such as hot ashes, rocks, dirt or building materials in roll-out cart or overfill the roll-out carts. Small amounts of yard waste may be placed in the roll out cart. Roll-out carts may not be left at the curb, other than the night before and day of collection. Customers are encouraged to check the updated map for collection days.
Residential and commercial garbage collections take place as scheduled with the exception of the below holidays. Customer who would typically receive service on these holidays will receive service on their next scheduled day.
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Juneteenth (June 19)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Thanksgiving (Fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas (December 25)
Trash Collection Schedule
All residential customers receive once-a-week yard trash collection service. The following is the trash pickup schedule; however, the schedule is based on the volume of trash collected each week and could vary.
- Monday through Millville area and east side of Cove area from Harris Avenue.
- Wednesday through west of Harris Avenue to Balboa Avenue and 27th Street to Beach Drive.
- Thursday through Forest Park, Venetian Villa area and from Balboa Avenue to Frankford Avenue and Candlewick area.
- Friday through St. Andrews area west of Frankford Avenue to the Hathaway Bridge.
Yard Trash Collection begins at 6 a.m.
The maximum allowed volume of trash to be collected per week is four (4) feet by six (6) feet by six (6) feet, per week. Any trash pile exceeding this will be collected and the customer's utility account will be charged without notification of a special fee in accordance with the City's established rate schedule.
Yard debris need not be bagged. If debris is not bagged, the limbs and other items must be separated from leaves for composting. Limbs should not exceed four (4) feet in length and four (4) inches in diameter. Limited amounts of appliances, furniture, toys and similar items will be collected for residential customers. Certain precautions should be taken when placing items out for collection. Do not place items under low hanging wires or tree limbs near a fence, parked cars or on top of any utility meter.
Reporting Missed Garbage or Trash Pickup
If you did not receive garbage or trash pick-up service on the collection day scheduled for your area of the city, please call the Solid Waste Department.
The city will pick up discarded home appliances on the day scheduled for trash collection in your area of the city. Discarded home appliances should be placed near the area where you place your trash for pick-up. Discarded appliances must be kept separate from yard trash. If you place yard trash on or around the discarded appliance, the city will not pick up the appliance. For additional information or to report a missed pickup of a discarded home appliance, please call the Solid Waste Department.
The City of Panama City charges for the removal of construction, remodeling, cut down trees, roofing shingles and excessive junk. For a cost estimate, call the Solid Waste Division.
- What goes in my garbage cart?
- What cannot go in my garbage cart?
- How do I prepare my garbage for collection?
- When do I put my cart at the curb?
- Where should I place my cart for collection?
- How do I get a city regulated cart?
- What if my cart breaks or is broken?
- What if my cart is lost, missing or stolen?
- Can I take my cart with me when I move?
- What can I put out on my trash day?
- When should my trash be placed at the curb?
- How do I prepare my trash for collection?
- What items are unacceptable for trash collection?
- Where should my trash be placed for collection?
- Which items require an additional charge to be collected?
- How much are the excessive yard trash fees?