- Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA)
- Grant Applications
The Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) provides funding to aid the elimination of slum and blight within the Community Redevelopment Areas as defined in each district’s individual Community Redevelopment Plans. These are area-wide in scope and encompass some of the more serious problems that are prevalent throughout the area and contribute to the overall state of decline.
The CRA structures its programs to act as catalysts for redevelopment efforts by individual residents and businesses within the CRA and to leverage investment by private enterprise. Grants are available to both commercial and residential property owners within the districts. You can see if your property is within a CRA district by clicking on this link and entering your address.
All grant programs are subject to change and budgetary constraints. Applications are accepted via email at CRAs@panamacity.gov or in person at City Hall in room 206. For questions about the grant programs, please call:
Lena Webb at (850) 872-7233
Kehle Shandley at (850) 691-4587
World Changers Application
Application Form - Due June 2, 2023
Commercial Improvement Grant Applications
- Commercial Improvement Grant Program: The primary objective of this matching grant program is to encourage redevelopment and revitalization of commercial buildings/sites by offering financial assistance, up to 50% total cost of eligible expenses, or up to $50,000 (whichever is less). The overall objective is to stimulate reinvestment in the CRA districts and to preserve or renew the traditional retail business areas and establish them as centers for pedestrian oriented commercial activities.
- Commercial Sign and Security Voucher Program: The primary objective to this voucher program is to incentivize business owners to improve small business awareness and add an extra element of safety to the community by providing up to $5,000 to improve or replace exterior signage and installation of exterior security cameras to the building. Matching funds are not required for this grant.
- Holiday Decorations Reimbursement Program: This program offers local businesses, for profit and non-profit, up to $250 reimbursement for holiday decorations for their storefront locations. The grant does not reimburse taxes paid on decorations. Decorations in windows, doorways or other exterior locations are encouraged.
Valentines Day - Open Jan. 7 to Close Feb. 7
St. Patricks Day - Open Feb. 10 to Close Mar. 10
Easter - Open Mar. 11 to Close April 11
4th of July - Open May 27 to Close June 27
Halloween - Open Sept. 24 to Close Oct. 24
Thanksgiving - Open Oct. 17 to Close Nov. 17
Christmas - Open Nov. 16 to Close Dec. 16
Residential Improvement Grant Applications
- Residential Improvement Grant Program: The primary objective of this matching grant program is to encourage redevelopment and revitalization of residential structures and properties by offering financial assistance up to $50,000 or 50% of total eligible costs, whichever is less. The overall objective is to stimulate reinvestment in the CRA districts and to preserve or revitalize the homes that create the unique character of the community.
- Residential Paint Voucher Program: The primary objective of this grant is to encourage exterior paint improvements to residential structures within the CRA districts in order to reduce blight conditions and increase community beautification. Vouchers are awarded for paint and materials needed to perform exterior paint improvements to residential properties in an amount not to exceed $2,500. Matching funds are not required for this grant program.